Received no university offers or none that you wanted to accept? You can get onto a different course through clearing. Clearing is open from 5th July till 19th October - If Universities have spare places on their courses, they are offered through clearing.
Follow these 5 simple steps to ensure you get a place at university through clearing.
1. Log onto the UCAS website (ucas.com)
2. Look for available courses through the UCAS search tool! Here, you'll find all of the courses that still have places for students, which means you'll have a good chance of getting one of those places!
3. Three tips from the UCAS website:
- Be flexible! It is good to have an open mind and consider different subjects. If your exact subject is not on the list, it could be worthwhile studying a similar subject, or even joint honours.
- Check the website regularly! All of the subjects may not be available at the same time. If your subject or university is not on the list now, it might be later... but don't wait too long! You might miss the boat.
- Make sure to check the courses you are interested in on the Universities website, so that you get all the details.
4. Step four...Talk to the Universities! When you have chosen a course that you are interested in, give the University a call and give them your personal clearing number (found in the tracking section of UCAS) to see if they would accept you for the course and to get more information.
5. Once you have a few options and have made your decision, follow the steps to add your clearing choice in track UCAS.
- Click 'Add Clearing choice' and fill in the course details by the date the university/college gave you on the phone.
- This counts as you definitely accepting the offer, so if they confirm, it'll show as an acceptance on your 'Choices' page in Track.
- You can only add one choice at a time, but if the university/college doesn't confirm your place, you'll be able to add another.
Good luck to everybody applying to clearing!!!
Still looking for accommodation? Plan for future you and register on Stduentpad to ensure you hear as soon as a property is available! Set your alerts and make the most of your hot list to ensure you can book that perfect pad as soon as you get your results.
How? Go to the search, find your uni Studentpad site and simply register and get searching.
We work with over 80 Universities directly and have been trusted by students for over 21 years to help them find their perfect pad.